CALLING FOR MALE MENTORS
Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Man and enjoy working with young Men? Can you assist with any of the following?
- Connecting with young men
- Problem solving, decision making, influencing and negotiation skills
- Goal setting, professional development and career direction
- Advocating on behalf of young men
- Providing guidance and support
Volunteer mentors will be partnered with a young man from 12-21 years of age for a period of up to 12 months. They will be expected to meet with their mentee for up to 6 hours each month, take part in group sessions, day trips and camps (where able).
What skills are required?
Ideally, mentors will:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to share their stories and knowledge with young men
- Be willing to provide guidance, with a view to enabling the young men to become more resilient and empowered, and work proactively to improve understanding of Aboriginal culture and history.
For further information or to become a mentor, please contact:
Kathy Baksh, Rumbalara Yanda Together Youth Mentoring Program Team Leader Kathy.Baksh@raclimited.com.au or 0412925057
April Atkinson, Worker, Rumbalara Yanda Together Youth Mentoring Program Worker
April.Atkinson@raclimited.com.au or 0447907620